Legislator announces his office will assist constituents
State Representative Andrew J. Kandrevas (D-Southgate) announced today that his office is open to provide assistance to House District 13 residents following the devastating flood in metro Detroit. He also stated that local, county and state officials continue to address this unforeseen and unprecedented crisis, and he applauds their efforts to assist the district and its residents.
Record rainfall led to an unprecedented flood in the region. This led to Gov. Rick Snyder declaring a “state of disaster” for Southeast Michigan, and now steps are being taken to request federal assistance. The next step is for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to conduct a joint Preliminary Damage Assessment with state and local officials to review damages and response costs.
“The cities in my district are working diligently to respond to the aftermath of this flood, and are taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of the many affected residents. I applaud the hard work our city officials, the Michigan State Police and the Michigan Department of Transportation have taken to address this unfortunate event,” Kandrevas said. “I want everyone in my district to know that assistance is available during this crisis, and I encourage residents to use the services being offered.”
• Michigan.gov/MIFlood - This is the State of Michigan’s main hub for information concerning flood recovery efforts.
• Wayne County Flood Information and Resources - Keep up to date with all that’s going on in Wayne County as flood recovery efforts continue. To report flood damage in Wayne Co., dial (734) 942-5289 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Request Volunteers for Cleanup - This form will allow you to submit a request for volunteer assistance with cleanup.
• The United Way for Southeastern Michigan- For information on flood assistance and resources dial 2-1-1 or (800) 552-1183.
• Wayne Metro Community Action Agency- For information on flood assistance and resources dial (734) 284-6999.
“I encourage residents of my district to take advantage of the services that are being offered during this time, and I hope you will reach out to my office should you have any questions,” said Kandrevas. “You can reach my office toll-free at (888) 737-1313, or by email at AndrewKandrevas@house.mi.gov.”
Please let me know how I can be of assistance to you so that together, we can continue to make progress in our community.
N692 House Office Building
P.O. Box 30014
Lansing, MI 48909-7514
Phone: (517) 373-0845
Fax: (517) 373-5926
Cuts to corrections budget meant guard towers were unmanned
GOP left Lansing without finding solution to crumbling infrastructure
Lawmaker will visit local schools, read to children
Sign up for my E-newsletter Updates
Welcome to my Web site!
I’m State Representative Andrew J. Kandrevas, and I serve Michigan’s 13th House District.
As your State Representative, it is my job to serve our residents and our Downriver communities in any way that I can. That’s why I encourage you to contact me if you need help locating or receiving services from any number of our state agencies. I am here to work for you and your family, so please contact me if I can assist you or your family in any way.
State Representative Andrew J. Kandrevas
13th House District